Eve and Cora Vette have been singing, dancing, shaking it, making people laugh and most importantly…making costumes since 2008. 2012 begins a new adventure in the lives of 2 women who have already seen just about everything.
Cora Vette comes to burlesque through musical theater. In her “real life” she performed for more than one million guests over three years as Tanya in Mamma Mia! at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. As Cora Vette, she produces burlesque and boylesque shows all over Denver.
She makes all her costumes out of sparkle vinyl and has spent years collecting vintage patterns the she recreates with modern fabrics and sizing. She has created party dresses and gowns for some of the top names in burlesque and is now ready to spread that glamour all over Denver and the world.
She has also written two burlesque musicals, the critically acclaimed Victorian Comic Burlesque Operetta, Leadville or BUST! and a Pot Opera called Reefer Mania: Denver’s Gone To Pot. She has traveled the country hosting national burlesque festivals – The New Orleans Burlesque Festival, Show Me Burlesque Festival in St. Louis, Hot Rods And Heels in Dallas, Boylesk! In New Orleans and the Southwest Burlesque Showcase in Albuquerque and the Texas Burlesque Festival.
Eve Vette couldn’t take it anymore and after 7 years in the rat race, found a piece of cheese that she couldn’t resist. Like Cora, she is a theater kid at heart and brings joy and sparkles everywhere she goes. She is particularly known for her rhinestone shoes and pasties…and the chicken. Come in sometime and ask her about it!
She performs burlesque with Cora Vette’s Black Box Burlesque at Bar Standard and was featured in the opening number of the 3rd Annual New Orleans Burlesque Festival.
VaVaVette sales one of a kind vintage reproductions for women and men. Custom Pin-Up, Rockabilly and Burlesque Clothing and Accessories. Plus, just about anything else that sounds fun that we can come up with..
Photos from Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender 16 Fashion Show by Brad Boening
- Viva Las Vegas Weekender 16 – La Muerte Apparel (out-of-focus.us)
- Viva Las Vegas Weekender 16 – Switchblade Stiletto (out-of-focus.us)
- Viva Las Vegas Weekender 16 – Pretty Thoughts Latex (out-of-focus.us)
- Lost In Paradise: Viva Las Vegas 16 (out-of-focus.us)
- Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender 15 – Fashion Show (out-of-focus.us)
- Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender 16 – Clothe My Naked Villainy (out-of-focus.us)
- Cora Vette’s St. Pastie’s Day Burlesque Show, (greaterdenver.co)
- Vaudeville & Burlesque SS13 (kittenhood.wordpress.com)
- FT – THE ART of DANCE: BURLESQUE “MIWA Poses” (csltm.wordpress.com)
- ‘It’s not like lap dancing… it’s all about the women’: Wales gears up for Burlesque Festival (walesonline.co.uk)